Lettuce (any kind you like, romaine works well!)
1 small red onion, sliced thin
1 red pepper, sliced thin
1 tomato, sliced in bite size wedges
1 chicken breast
Limes, 1 per serving
Papa Joe's Salt
*Optional: Grated cheese, either cheddar or a mexican blend
1. Lightly sprinkle the chicken breast with cayenne pepper & chili powder.
2. Grill to fully cooked, set aside.
3. Set out plates according to how many people you are serving. Line the bottom of the plate with a layer of lettuce.
4. Sprinkle red onion slices, red pepper slices, & tomato pieces over lettuce layer.
Cut avocado in half, dice avocado flesh (discard skin & seed). Sprinkle diced avocado pieces over the salad.
5. Slice the chicken into bite size pieces, and add on top of salads.
6. Top with cheese if you wish.
7. Slice limes in half, squeeze 1 lime over each salad (don't skimp on lime juice)
8. Sprinkle each salad with Papa Joe's Salt
Enjoy! This salad is so full of flavor and so healthy for you. The spiciness off the chicken is cooled with the creaminess of the avocado, just as the pepper adds sweetness and lime the sour. So many flavors just complement each other in this salad, and it's so crunchy and very filling! We make this often on the farm, everyone loves it and so many customers ask for the recipe!