6 small/medium (3-inch) NJ tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons HIGH balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
Papa Joe’s Salt
1 freshly baked baguette
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1. Prepare the grill for direct and indirect cooking over high heat (half of the grill burning, half grill not burning). Brush the cooking grates with wire brush to clean.
2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes (chopped and sun dried), minced garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, and Papa Joe’s Salt to taste (approx. ½ tsp). Allow the mixture to marinate.
3. Slice the baguette at an angle to make wider, 1/2-inch thick slices.
4. Lightly brush olive oil onto the cooking grate and directly grill (over the burning side) the bread on both sides until lightly browned.
5. Move the toasted slices to the indirect side. Use a slotted spoon to spoon the marinated tomato mixture onto the slices and top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Place the lid on the grill and heat until the cheese is melted.